As you all know by now, I love to “healthify” recipes for foods that my family and I love. Nachos are one of our favorites, so I was excited to create this healthy, vegan version. They are absolutely delicious and sure to please vegans and carnivores alike. I’ve listed some of the toppings that I like but feel free to add any others, such as salsa, vegetarian refried beans, chopped radish, etc. As always, don’t forget to post pics and tag @livlight_ and #livlight!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut in thin rounds (around ¼ inch)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn, warmed
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vegan queso (recipe below)
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white canallini beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne (or more if you like more heat)
Blend all ingredients. Transfer to a pot and warm on the stove to your desired temperature. Drizzle over nachos. This can also be used as a cheese sauce on veggies, pasta, or really anything!
Preheat oven to 400. Arrange sliced sweet potatoes in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until they are slightly crispy and lightly browned. Arrange cooked potatoes on a platter and add the toppings of your choice. Drizzle with warm queso.