As we’re approching summer, there is nothing better than a cool, crunchy salad. My Shaved Brussels, Cabbage and Kale is just that. The cruciferous veggies are hearty and filling, while the fresh herbs keep it light and refreshing. I like it very finely chopped…you can do this by hand (using a knife or mezzaluna) or with a food processor (except cabbage, use a knife for this as it gets too watery). I also prefer to make it a bit ahead in order for the dressing to slightly “wilt” the veggies. This salad is the perfect base for any added vegetables and/or protein you want to add or delicious as it is. I hope you’ll give my Shaved Brussels, Cabbage and Kale Salad a try and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to tag me in all of your foodie creations at @livlight_ and #livlight.
- 3 cups kale, large ribs removed and chopped finely
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts, chopped finely
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded (don’t use food processor for this)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1-2 scallions (just green part), chopped in thin rounds
- 1/4 cup roasted nuts (I like macrona almonds or cashews)
- 1/4-1/2 cup ginger dressing (I use Makoto) or any dressing you like!
- black and white sesame seeds to garnish
Chop all veggies and herbs as finely as possible and add to a large bowl. Add dressing slowly, stirring constantly, until well combined and coated. You may have extra. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and add remaining dressing if necessary.