I made this smoothie when I taught a cooking class at my daughter’s school and all the kids absolutely loved it. It’s safe for school (no nuts) and a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. You could also add a vanilla or chocolate protein powder if you have one you love. Best part, it’s a winner among the adults too, so make extra to share with your littles! Don’t forget to post pics and tag me @livlight_ and #livlight.
- 2 cups coconut water (100% pure, not from concentrate and not flavored)*
- 1 frozen banana**
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 serving protein powder (optional)
- Small handful of ice
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until very smooth.
*Can sub cow’s milk or unsweetened nut milk if no allergies
**Peel ripe bananas and store in a ziplock in the freezer