If you’ve made my Cauliflower “Rice” recipe, you know you can add basically anything to it just like a traditional rice. In this case, I use lots of rustic greens and toasted pine nuts. I am excited to add this to our traditional Thanksgiving menu this year. It comes together quickly (especially if you purchase pre-riced Cauliflower, which they now carry at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods), looks beautiful, and tastes even better. It has rich flavors, despite being super healthy, and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 6 cups riced cauliflower or 2 bags of Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 head (or 2 tightly packed cups) Lacinato kale, chopped in short ribbons
- 1/4 cup green onion (green part only), thinly sliced
- 1/4 Italian (flat-leafed) parsley, chopped roughly
- 1/3 pine nuts, toasted*
Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until soft and lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Add riced cauliflower and sauté until cooked through. Add kale and green onion and cook until kale has wilted just slightly. Add parsley and pine nuts and give one final stir to loosely combine.
** Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat. Continuously shake or stir until browned, being careful not to burn.