As the temperatures start to warm up in Spring I love a crunchy salad. This one is well balanced with the addition of a warm grain and the creamy chickpeas and avocado. It is perfect for lunch or as a side at your next BBQ or potluck dinner. Hope you’ll give my Spring Shredded Salad salad a try and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to tag me in all of your foodie creations at @livlight_ and #livlight.
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 cup green cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 cup lacinato kale, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or other grain
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (or coconut sugar if vegan)
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- A pinch of salt and pepper
In a small jar combine dressing ingredients and shake well. Prepare quinoa or grain of your choice according to package. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour dressing over (you may not need all the dressing). Gently toss everything together and serve.